Iodine is a vital nutrient needed by every cell in your body. In fact, your body can't make a single hormone without iodine.
Every cell in the body has a receptor made just for iodine. But if the body doesn't have sufficient iodine, the cells won't have the fuel required to function properly. Instead, the cells will look for anything that looks like fuel. And that means the cells grab halogens which are considered toxic.
Learn how to gently remove those halogens and help restore your health.
What are Halogens?
In chemistry terms, iodine and potassium iodide are part of the halogen family along with bromine, chlorine, and fluoride. Even though it's the same family, bromine, chlorine, and fluoride are like bad relatives you don't want to invite over.
Why? Where do I start? First, they are considered endocrine disrupters. They impair thyroid hormone production. They are also known to disrupt sleep, digestion, metabolic function, fertility, and reproductive health. While Thiodine is like good fuel for your car, these bad halogens are like using diesel fuel in an unleaded engine.
That's one of the reasons Thiodine is so important. To beat bad halogens, we need good halogens.
Why You Need Thiodine
Want to know a lesser-known fact about iodine? There are actually two types of iodine. Neat, right? And your body needs both.
The first type of iodine is a rare earth-sourced mineral called molecular iodine. The second form of iodine is actually a man-made salt called potassium iodide that's commonly used in supplements.
The thyroid gland and skin have a faster uptake of potassium iodide. While the breasts, uterus, ovaries, prostate, pancreas, pineal gland, and tear ducts benefit from molecular iodine.
When it comes to your cells, iodine and potassium iodide perform different jobs. That's why you need a supplement like Thiodine which has both types.
Most people know the importance of iodine in helping make thyroid hormones, but it also plays an essential role in detoxing halogens from the entire body.
How Thiodine Supports Detox
During the detox process, Thiodine floods the cell receptors and dislodges halogens from the entire body -- chlorine in the gut, fluoride in the pineal gland and thyroid, bromine in the breasts and ovaries. A vital part of this detox process is preparing and supporting healthy-functioning detox pathways.
Possible Detox Symptoms
When starting high-potency Thiodine, some people may experience symptoms of halogen detox. While that's actually awesome--because it means you're getting rid of bromine, chlorine, and fluoride-- your body might experience some short term discomfort which may include:
- Cherry Angiomas
- Sluggishness / Lethargy
- Impaired Memory/Concentration
- Bromoderma (acne) on face and hands
- Disturbance of color perception
- Impaired Memory/Concentration
- Abnormal pigmentation
- Slurred Speech
- Emotional Instability
- Hair loss
- Vision changes
- Runny Nose
- Reflex changes
- Schizophrenic-like actions
- Metallic Taste
- Sensitivity to light
- Diarrhea / Constipation
- Eyelid twitching
- Dream changes
- Increased salivation
- Extensor Plantar Responses
- Kidney pain
- Dry mouth
- Body Odor/Sweating
Not everyone experiences halogen detox symptoms, so don't worry. If you do find yourself experiencing symptoms, here are some tips to help. Try talking with your doctor about the following protocol with companion nutrients.
Thiodine and The Iodine Protocol
- Thiodine Liquid or Thiodine Tablets 12.5 MG -50 MG per day
- Thiosel 200 MCG per day
- Thiosalt as needed
- Vitamins B2 100 MG riboflavin once per day
- B3 No-flush niacin 500 MG 1-2x per day.
- Vitamin C 3,000-10,000 mg per day (to bowel intolerance)
- Magnesium 400 MCG per day, before bed
Support the Thyroid with Thiosel
Thiosel is formulated to help protect the thyroid from oxidative stress during thyroid hormone conversion. According to some experts, starting Thiosel two weeks and up to two months before starting Thiodine may help.
Jump-Start Halogen Detox with Thiosalt
Melt away the symptoms of halogen detox and help boost adrenal function with Thiosalt Detox Supplement. Specially formulated to help open up the detox pathways, it helps to quickly carry out bromine, chloride, and fluoride. Here's how it to use it:
- Dissolve 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Thiosalt quick-dissolving powder in 4 oz. of filtered water. (don't try this with regular table salt)
- Follow immediately with 12-16 oz of filtered water.
- Repeat every 30-45 minutes as needed until copious urination begins.
1. Dach, Jeffrey. “Iodine and Bromine Detox With Unrefined Salt by Jeffrey Dach MD.” Jeffrey Dach MD, Publisher Jeffrey Dach MD Publisher Logo, 29 Jan. 2017, jeffreydachmd.com/2014/03/iodine-bromine-detox-unrefined-salt-jeffrey-dach-md/.
2. Detoxing Fluoride, Bromine And Chlorine Naturally
3. Dach, Jeffrey. “Iodine and Bromine Detox With Unrefined Salt by Jeffrey Dach MD.” Jeffrey Dach MD, Publisher Jeffrey Dach MD Publisher Logo, 29 Jan. 2017, jeffreydachmd.com/2014/03/iodine-bromine-detox-unrefined-salt-jeffrey-dach-md/.